I fell in love with Madrid, Spain and Basque Country when I visited for the first time in May 2019. Here’s a video tour of the top things to do in Madrid. Includes a day trip to the Dragonstone Game of Thrones filming location in beautiful San Juan de Gaztelugatxe islet.
Video tour of the top things to do in Madrid and Basque Country, Spain
Here is my little tribute that I shared during the early surreal times of the pandemic in 2020. A reel of my favorite things to do in Madrid and Basque Country, Spain. I hope this provides some much-needed inspiration to visit this lovely country in the future.
This post contains links to products and services. While you will not accrue any additional costs to support my blog, I may – as a marketing affiliate – receive compensation if you link to or purchase products and services from places such as Amazon, Bluehost, Constant Contact, It’s a Lovely Life, HotelsCombined, etc. All images are taken by kmf and available for digital download.
See my related posts on the hidden gems of Spain:
- Guide to the Dragonstone Game of Thrones filming location in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Spain
- Guide to Our Lady of Almudena Cemetery – Madrid’s largest cemetery and outdoor art gallery
List of the top 10 things to do in Madrid, Spain
Here is a list of the top 10 things to do in Madrid, Spain. Pictured: Madrid’s green wall / vertical garden (see the person at the bottom for context)
- Visit Parque del Retire / El Retire Park (went three times!).
- Tour the Prado National Museum (enjoyed the best paella here!).
- Check out the Palace of Madrid.
- Take a free walking tour – you pay a tip at the end.
- People watch at Plaza Mayor.
- Take a day trip to Dragonstone Game of Thrones filming location – San Juan del Gaztelugatxe in Basque Country.
- Explore Madrid’s largest cemetery – a gorgeous outdoor art gallery: Our Lady of Almudena Cemetery.
- Enjoy decadent chocolate, churros, and porras at the historic Chocolateria San Gines (loved the porras especially).
- Highly recommend Cardamomo as a top-rated flamenco show in Madrid.
- Wander through the beautiful Royal Botanical Garden in Madrid.
Pin it for later – Madrid, Spain
I’m an affiliate with Bluehost and may receive compensation (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to purchase their products and services.