Third in a series, The Ivy Inn in Grand Rapids, Minn. (link looks broken, but it’s not – safe to click) is one of the best Airbnbs located near Minnesota state parks. This beautiful and comfortable Airbnb, which features an indoor sauna, is set on a large, wooded corner lot near a lot of attractions and things to do in this area of Minnesota. You are near Schoolcraft State Park (20 miles away), Hill Annex Mine State Park (17 miles away), Forest History Center (13 miles away). And the Judy Garland Museum is just blocks away (Grand Rapids, MN is the birthplace of Frances Ethel Gumm).
This post contains recommended links to products and services. While you will not accrue any additional costs to support my blog, I may receive compensation if you purchase these products and services. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All images taken by kmf are available for purchase via digital download.
Best Airbnb serves as basecamp while hiking several Minnesota state parks
So grateful for my Airbnb superhost, Julie, who hosted me at her charming Airbnb on my two-week road trip to finish hiking/exploring Minnesota’s 66 state parks. I had just spent the previous three nights SUV camping, which I did enjoy. However, my stay at The Ivy Inn in Grand Rapids, MN was a perfect and heavenly respite from the back of my Pathfinder.
This quiet and lower-level Airbnb retreat could also serve as basecamp as you explore other nearby state parks Minnesota. Ivy Inn is only 46 miles from Scenic State Park, 55 miles from Savanna Portage State Park and 58 miles from McCarthy Beach State Park. Additionally, The Lost 40 is 55 miles away (an 1882 surveying error protected this parcel of land from loggers – many trees are now hundreds of years old). And The Ivy Inn is also a home away from home when in town on business.
Most scenic Airbnb near Minnesota state parks
Conveniently located right off a main highway (no road noise, however – super quiet!), you’ll see your own special guest parking lot as you drive up. The hosts live on the upper level while you enjoy this Airbnb’s entire lower level with access to a huge, wooded corner lot. The Ivy Inn Airbnb unit also comes with its own private patio backyard swing.
Inside Ivy Inn – one of the best Airbnbs near Minnesota state parks
Your parking space is just a few steps away from your beautiful lower-level unit. Inside you’ll find an inviting and spacious great room that features a sofa, TV, bar and chairs, board games, books and a piano. Yes, you can play the piano – before 10 p.m.
Comfortable places to stay near Minnesota state parks
As I’ve admitted in previous posts, I’m a bed snob. I did not want to leave my incredibly comfortable queen-sized bed at The Ivy Inn. This bed was beyond even 5* quality – so comfortable and cozy, yet spacious. I also appreciated all the natural lighting from the windows overlooking the wooded property. Even more so, I loved the blackout curtains.
The Ivy Inn Airbnb in Grand Rapids, MN also features a roomy kitchenette area as well as a full bath and shower. The kitchenette includes a mini fridge, a microwave, kitchen sink, plates, cups, glasses, utensils, etc.
Where to stay near Minnesota state parks with a sauna
Your own private ensuite sauna is one of the most unique features of The Ivy Inn. So if you’re off hiking, canoeing, kayaking or sitting in business meetings all day, this is the best Airbnb in Minnesota. A sauna is the perfect way to end the day!
I cannot say enough great things about my Airbnb stay. If you’re planning to be in the Grand Rapids, Minn. area for business or leisure or bleisure, then I recommend The Ivy Inn – one of the best Airbnbs near Minnesota state parks. Again, the link isn’t really broken and is safe to click.
Non-campers: More of the best Airbnbs near Minnesota state parks
I’ve started curating a list of the best and unique Airbnbs near Minnesota state parks. While I originally researched and reviewed these Airbnbs for non-campers and reluctant glampers, these are perfect for getaways, business trips and staycations.
- Unique Airbnb near Minnesota state parks (repurposed grain-bin room in Alexandria, MN)
- Non-campers: Best Airbnb glamping site near MN state parks (charming and rustic room set in the woods – with a composting toilet and outdoor air-temp shower)
- Best Airbnb with a sauna near MN state parks (that’s this one in Grand Rapids, Minn.)
List of all Minnesota state parks
Here is a list of all 66 Minnesota state parks (and the distance from Minneapolis / St. Paul International Airport. You can find my reviews of every single one (yes, I hiked/explored every Minnesota state park). Feel free to ask me any questions about MN state parks – with one exception. What’s your favorite Minnesota state park? I can’t decide!
- Afton State Park | Hastings, MN (26 miles)
- Banning State Park | Sandstone, MN (97 miles)
- Bear Head Lake State Park | Ely, MN (240 miles)
- Beaver Creek Valley State Park | Caledonia, MN (148 miles)
- Big Stone Lake State Park | Ortonville, MN (186 miles)
- Blue Mounds State Park | Luverne, MN (208 miles)
- Buffalo River State Park | Glyndon, MN (240 miles)
- Camden State Park | Lynd, MN (161 miles)
- Carley State Park | Plainview, MN (88 miles)
- Cascade River State Park | Lutsen, MN (257 miles)
- Charles A. Lindbergh State Park | Little Falls, MN (112 miles)
- Crow Wing State Park | Brainerd, MN (134 miles)
- Father Hennepin State Park | Isle, MN (113 miles)
- Flandrau State Park | New Ulm, MN (93 miles)
- Forestville / Mystery Cave State Park | Preston, MN (115 miles)
- Fort Ridgely State Park | Fairfax, MN (99 miles)
- Fort Snelling State Park | Bloomington / St. Paul, MN (2 miles)
- Franz Jevne State Park | Birchdale, MN (336 miles)
- Frontenac State Park | Frontenac, MN (62 miles)
- George H. Crosby Manitou State Park | Finland, MN (231 miles)
- Glacial Lakes State Park | Starbuck, MN (156 miles)
- Glendalough State Park | Battle Lake, MN (194 miles)
- Gooseberry Falls | Two Harbors, MN (197 miles)
- Grand Portage State Park | Grand Portage, MN (308 miles)
- Great River Bluffs State Park | Winona, MN (136 miles)
- Hayes Lake State Park | Roseau, MN (343 miles)
- Hill Annex Mine State Park | Calumet, MN (197 miles)
- Interstate State Park / Taylors Falls State Park | Taylors Falls, MN (56 miles)
- Itasca State Park | Park Rapids, MN (219 miles)
- Jay Cooke State Park | Thomson, MN (146 miles)
- John A. Latsch State Park | Winona, MN (99 miles)
- Judge C.R. Magney State Park | Grand Marais, MN (282 miles)
- Kilen Woods State Park | Lakefield, MN (153 miles)
- Lac qui Parle State Park | Watson, MN (141 miles)
- Lake Bemidji State Park | Bemidji, MN (230 miles)
- Lake Bronson State Park | Karlstad, MN (409 miles)
- Lake Carlos State Park | Alexandria, MN (152 miles)
- Lake Louise State Park | Le Roy, MN (113 miles)
- Lake Maria State Park | Monticello, MN (60 miles)
- Lake Shetek State Park | Currie, MN (168 miles)
- Lake Vermilion-Soudan Underground Mine State Park | Soudan, MN (229 miles)
- McCarthy Beach State Park | Side Lake, MN (227 miles)
- Maplewood State Park | Pelican Rapids, MN (217 miles)
- Mille Lacs Kathio State Park | Onamia, MN (108 miles)
- Minneopa State Park | Mankato, MN (82 miles)
- Monson Lake State Park | Sunburg, MN (141 miles)
- Moose Lake State Park | Moose Lake, MN (116 miles)
- Myre-Big Island State Park | Albert Lea, MN (93 miles)
- Nerstrand Big Woods State Park | Nerstrand, MN (52 miles)
- Old Mill State Park | Argyle, MN (350 miles)
- Rice Lake State Park | Owatonna, MN (70 miles)
- St. Croix State Park | Hinckley, MN (105 miles)
- Sakatah Lake State Park | Waterville, MN (60 miles)
- Savanna Portage State Park | Northeast Aitkin, MN (149 miles)
- Scenic State Park | Bigfork, MN (232 miles)
- Schoolcraft State Park | Deer River, MN (198 miles)
- Sibley State Park | New London, MN (128 miles)
- Split Rock Creek State Park | Jasper, MN (202 miles)
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park | Two Harbors, MN (204 miles)
- Temperance River State Park | Schroeder, MN (239 miles)
- Tettegouche State Park | Silver Bay, MN (217 miles)
- Upper Sioux Agency State Park | Granite Falls, MN (122 miles)
- Whitewater State Park | Altura, MN (99 miles)
- Wild River State Park | Center City, MN (58 miles)
- William O’Brien State Park | Scandia / Marine on the St. Croix, MN (43 miles)
- Zippel Bay State Park | Williams, MN (345 miles)